Sandestin® Golf and Beach Resort announces events, packages & ticket sales for the 23rd Annual Sandestin Wine Festival at Baytowne Wharf
Destin FL -- Sandestin® Golf and Beach Resort today announced the events, overnight packages and advance ticket sales for the acclaimed Sandestin Wine Festival at The Village of Baytowne Wharf, one of the hottest events of the year on the Florida Gulf Coast.
The 2009 Sandestin Wine Festival events start on Friday, April 24 and run through Sunday, April 26.
Historically, thousands of people from around the country enjoy this special Sandestin area event. Wine novices are able to learn more about wines and sample from a comprehensive selection including the finest appellations from all major producing countries in all varieties, styles and price ranges. Wine aficionados enjoy meeting winemakers, asking detailed questions and acquiring hard-to-get selections.
There are money-saving incentives to save the date and plan early to attend The Sandestin Wine Festival at Baytowne Wharf. This year, event organizers are helping make the event affordable for individuals and groups wanting to attend through special ticket sales.
2009 Sandestin Wine Festival Events include:
Exclusive Reception on Friday, April 24
With the purchase of any Sandestin Wine Festival Accommodations Package, people are invited to an exclusive Friday evening reception. They can enjoy an intimate reception in Tupelo Courtyard with live music under the stars. This Friday night event previews wines that are featured at the Grand Wine Tasting on Saturday and Sunday. Select vintners will be on hand to provide insights into the creation and pairing of their prized wines.
Advance Ticket Savings for April 25 and 26
On Saturday and Sunday, April 25 and 26, The Sandestin Wine Festival features Grand Wine Tastings, the pouring of more than 600 domestic and international wines. Representatives from more than 80 vineyards from across the globe will be available to entertain questions, offering a rare opportunity to learn about the finest appellations from all major producing countries in all varieties, styles and price ranges
- From now until December 31, regular admission tickets for Saturday and Sunday’s wine tasting events and festival are available at a reduced price of $50 per person.
- From January 1 to April 23 one-day tickets are $60 and two day tickets are discounted to $90 per person.
- After April 24 tickets are regularly priced at $70 for one day and $110 for two days per person.
Special Destin Charity Wine Auction Foundation Events “Wine & Dine in Paradise”
In coordination with the Sandestin Wine Festival, the Destin Charity Wine Auction Foundation holds concurrent events that appeal to passionate wine enthusiasts. These events include:
- Friday, April 24 – Patron Dinners -- Hosted in some of the Emerald Coast’s most beautiful homes, celebrity vintners and chefs are paired to create the dinner of a lifetime. The dinners provide a unique opportunity to interact with celebrities and fellow wine enthusiasts while enjoying world-class cuisine as well as older vintage and limited release wines.
- Saturday, April 25 – Walkabout and Live Auction – Held at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, the 2009 Walkabout and Auction will feature distinctive wines from internationally acclaimed vintners, poured and paired with cuisine from the area’s top restaurants. Attendees will also enjoy live music, a silent auction and a high energy, entertaining live auction featuring rare wines, spectacular trips and other incredible, one-of-a-kind items. The pricing for this Saturday evening Foundation event start at $250 per person. All proceeds go to helping children in need.
Luxury Accommodations and Packages Available
Sandestin Golf and Beach Resorts offers a wide range of overnight packages ranging from accommodations and tickets for two and a one night stay starts at $259. For all events including Friday evening’s Patron Dinner for two and accommodations for two nights, packages start at $3,100.
For more information on the 23rd Annual Sandestin Wine Festival at the Village of Baytowne Wharf, and to purchase tickets visit www.sandestinwinefestival.com or call 850-267-8116.
Sandestin® Golf and Beach Resort (www.sandestin.com) offers the most complete resort experience in North America. Located on Northwest Florida’s Gulf Coast, Sandestin is a 2,400-acre destination resort for all seasons and for all ages. As a member of Beaches of South Walton, a 26-mile stretch of world-famous sugar-white sands, Sandestin invites guests to enter a world of 30 charming neighborhoods featuring 1,700 condominiums, villas, town homes and a wide variety of hotel accommodations. The resort boasts more than seven miles of beaches and pristine bay front, four championship golf courses, 15 world-class tennis courts, 19 swimming pools, a 98-slip marina, certified children's programs, a fitness center and spa, 65,000 square feet of meeting space and a pedestrian village featuring a host of boutique shops, casual and fine dining restaurants and nightlife venues. Sandestin is part of Intrawest Hospitality Management (www.intrawest.com), a world leader in operating and managing destination resorts.