Sandestin offers Family Values Program
Affordable Travel Option, Free Activities and Big Benefits for Families at Top Destination
Destin FL (October 2008) -- With Thanksgiving and the Holidays around the corner, many families are looking for value-added trips, ways to stretch their travel budgets and an opportunity to escape the pressures of home and everyday demands.
To assist families, Sandestin® Golf and Beach Resort is offering a solution and its new Family Values Program, including discounted rates and free activities and amenities for families. For people who book online at www.sandestin.com, families can also receive a booklet with special discounts, a free check-in gift, and additional savings on fees.
According to family expert Dr. Victoria Fleming, there are many important psychological benefits when families vacation together, even for a short period of time. Getting away is an expression of commitment, a way of putting family first and an opportunity to reconnect. It allows for quality time that is hard to schedule during the everyday routine for most families.
“Especially during these challenging economic times and all the stressors that come with them, making a family get-away a priority is an investment in the family relationships that will pay off both short term and in the long run. Spending time together on an activity or learning a new sport will not only create positive memories that last a lifetime, but family cohesion today,” said Dr. Fleming.
Located on Northwest Florida’s Gulf Coast, Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is a convenient drive from many metropolitan areas. The Destin area has long been a favorite for families, and in fact was recently named one of the top 10 Fall Destinations by Southern Living Magazine.
The Sandestin Family Values Program includes rates beginning from only $105 a night. As part of a stay at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, families are able to enjoy a variety of free activities including:
- Bicycling – Adult and children’s single-speed coaster bicycles are free for four hours a day by showing the Resort Card. Helmets, baskets, child seats, training wheels and locks are also available. Note: Florida law requires all riders ages 16 and younger to wear helmets.
- Watersports – Cruise around Choctawhatchee Bay and enjoy complimentary use of canoes from Sandestin's Baytowne Marina with a Sandestin Resort Card. For extreme play on the Bay or Gulf of Mexico, check out the complimentary kayaks too.
- Tennis – Enjoy Sandestin’s beautiful Tennis Facility and receive one hour of free court time each day at your stay.
- Fishing – Resort guests can land a largemouth bass and other pan fish from one of the 72 stocked ponds included in Sandestin’s catch and release program.
- Nature trails and bird-watching – Discover the beautiful flora and fauna, and creatures indigenous to Northwest Florida’s Gulf Coast along Sandestin’s miles of nature trails. Walk around the Jolee Island Nature Park and rest along the way in one of the many swings. Trails wind through marshlands and along The Village of Baytowne Wharf and Choctawhatchee Bay. If you’re looking for real adventure, walk the planks of the Baytowne Marina Boardwalk. It will bring you right up to the stoop of Captain Joe Lee’s Treehouse, a treasured find for pint-sized guests and adults, alike. Just beyond the Crow's Nest, you'll come upon an authentic Indian burial mound; and if you dare to continue beyond the boardwalk, you'll spot a rookery…perfect for bird watching.
- Beautiful Beach Explorations – People of all ages love the sugar-white sand beach at Sandestin for a peaceful rest, building a sandcastle or even night time crab hunting. It’s a great way to relax, spend time together and recharge. Even get the use of two free boogie boards an hour each day of your stay.
- Save Gas and Save Money! Park your car and get free transportation anywhere in the resort with Sandestin’s Tram service when you’re an overnight guest. It’s a great treat for adults and children alike. When planning your trip, visit www.sandestin.com where there’s a link to www.gasbuddy.com, the most comprehensive site for gas prices.
For families wanting to get away in the coming weeks and for the holidays, Sandestin offers “Christmas on the Coast,” a collection of more than 20 seasonal events from November through January 1.
Sandestin® Golf and Beach Resort (www.sandestin.com) offers the most complete resort experience in North America. Located on the beautiful Beaches of South Walton on Northwest Florida’s Gulf Coast, Sandestin is a 2,400-acre destination resort for all seasons and for all ages. Sandestin invites guests to enter a world of 30 charming neighborhoods featuring 1,700 condominiums, villas, town homes and a wide variety of hotel accommodations. The resort boasts more than seven miles of beaches and pristine bay front, four championship golf courses, 15 world-class tennis courts, 19 swimming pools, a 98-slip marina, certified children's programs, a fitness center and spa, 65,000 square feet of meeting space and a pedestrian village featuring a host of boutique shops, casual and fine dining restaurants and nightlife venues. Sandestin is part of Intrawest Hospitality Management (www.intrawest.com), a world leader in operating and managing destination resorts.
For more information about the Family Values Program visit www.sandestin.com or call 800-470-7389, please use the promotion code FAMILY.