Discover Diverse Flavors at the Unique Restaurants and Eateries at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort
Destin, Fla. — Year after year, visitors flock to the Emerald Coast from all over the world to feel the sugar white sand between their toes as they create lasting memories with their families and friends. Although the Emerald Coast is heralded for its fresh seafood all throughout the year, it has also become a destination for diverse flavors with more and more acclaimed restaurants adding to the area’s repertoire. Guests can embark on a culinary adventure at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, the premier destination resort on the Northwest Florida Gulf Coast.
From casual to fine dining, guests are certain to find something to satisfy everyone’s cravings. Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is truly a food lover’s dream with over dozens of restaurants located throughout The Village of Baytowne Wharf, a 28-acre pedestrian village, as well as The Market Shops at Sandestin. With a delectable selection of quaint restaurants and eateries, guests are sure to keep coming back for more.
Among the dozens of restaurants are:
- Acme Oyster House. This world-famous raw bar captures the spirit and style of the original restaurant in New Orleans’ French Quarter, featuring delicious po-boys, crawfish, fresh oysters, jambalaya and more Cajun favorites. Located in The Village of Baytowne Wharf.
- Another Broken Egg Café. Café serving gourmet breakfasts all day, plus delicious sandwiches, daily specials, soups, salads and desserts. Located in The Village of Baytowne Wharf and the Bayside.
- Beef ‘O’ Brady’s. A favorite neighborhood family sport pub known for its great chicken wings, fresh salads, superb sandwiches, juicy steak burgers and, most of all, comfortable atmosphere. Located in The Market Shops at Sandestin.
- Graffiti & The Funky Blues Shack. A family-friendly restaurant and live blues club filled with funky folk artwork showcasing artists throughout the Southeast region. Features an eclectic Italian menu with a limited late-night fare. Located in The Village of Baytowne Wharf.
- Hammerhead’s Bar & Grille. Featuring an open-air bar and grill, this is the best place to watch the sunset in the Village while enjoying grilled and steamed seafood, chicken, burgers, steaks and other great food and beverages. Located in The Village of Baytowne Wharf.
- Jim ‘N Nick’s Bar-B-Q. For the best barbecue this side of Mason-Dixon, guests can devour hickory-smoked beef, ribs, pork, chicken and turkey, as well as delicious salads and homemade sides and desserts. Located in The Village of Baytowne Wharf.
- Mangos Paradise Grille. Nestled on prime property between the Village lagoon and Adventure Landing, this is a perfect spot to enjoy tropical seafood fare along with chargrilled burgers, sandwiches and salads to appeal to landlubbers. Located in The Village of Baytowne Wharf.
- New Orleans Creole Cookery. Experience famous New Orleans-style food with a Creole twist for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Entrees include stuffed bell peppers, crawfish Monica, oven roasted duck, Creole BBQ shrimp and Creole Bread pudding. Located in The Village of Baytowne Wharf.
- Osaka Sushi Rocks. Authentic sushi bar featuring the very best in creative sushi specialty rolls, such as the Pink lady, Yellow Submarine and Baytowne Roll, plus, sashimi, tempura-fried and teriyaki stir-fry specialties. Located lagoonside at The Village of Baytowne Wharf.
- Roberto’s Pizzeria. Authentic Italian pizzeria serving homemade pies whole or by the slice, calzones, Stromboli, sausage or broccoli rolls, sausage and veal grinders, baked pasta dishes, muffaletta, beer and wine. Located in The Village of Baytowne Wharf.
- Rum Runners. This casual, Caribbean-themed hot spot features appetizers, burgers, sandwiches, salads, pizza and desserts, with nightly specials such as Rum Infused Coconut Shrimp, Ahi Tuna, Filet Mignon, Caribbean Shrimp Pasta, Lobster Ravioli and more. Located in The Village of Baytowne Wharf.
- Bistro Bijoux. Quaint Provencal-style bistro serving authentic “nouvelle” New Orleans cuisine from fresh seafood to filets. Voted “Best New Restaurant for 2004.” Located in The Village of Baytowne Wharf.
- Finz. A great spot to watch the sweeping views of the Gulf of Mexico while enjoying fresh seafood and contemporary coast dishes. Located on the beachside of the resort.
- Marlin Grill. Award-winning menu and wine list specializing in the freshest catch-of-the-day, seafood, lamb chops and grilled steaks with mouthwatering appetizers and homemade desserts. Located in The Village of Baytowne Wharf.
- Poppy’s Seafood Factory. Fine dining in a casual resort atmosphere specializing in coastal cuisine from the Caribbean to Louisiana, such as their signature blackened lobster, steamed, grilled and fried seafood, plus the finest USDA Prime grilled steaks. Located in The Village of Baytowne Wharf.
- The Solaris. Cruise the Choctawhatchee Bay on this 125-foot luxury yacht for a leisurely romantic dinner and evening of moon, stars, and live entertainment. Located and setting sail from the Baytowne Marina.
TREATS & SNACKS
- The Candymaker. Authentic Southern candy kitchen preparing delicious treats right before your eyes, including pralines, saltwater taffy, fudge, candy and caramel apples, hard candies, all sorts of chocolates and freshly roasted nuts. Located in the Village of Baytowne Wharf.
- Fat Tuesday Daiquiri Bar. A New Orleans favorite featuring a variety of frozen concoctions including the 190 Octane. Also serving wings, nachos and snacks. Located in The Village of Baytowne Wharf.
- LaBonboniere. Satisfy your sweet tooth with Joseph Schmidt chocolates, imported fine candies, fresh chocolate-dipped strawberries, hand-dipped Edy’s ice cream, frozen yogurts and more from LaBonboniere. Located in The Market Shops at Sandestin.
- Linkside Pub. This Bayside hot spot features wings, chicken fingers, nachos and other light pub fare, big-screen sports broadcasts, pools and more. Complete premium bar and draft beer specials are also available. Located next door to the Linkside Center Exhibit Hall on the Bayside of the resort.
- Sweeties Gelato and Desserts. A one-stop dessert destination featuring mouth-watering gelato imported from Milan, frozen yogurt, sorbet, fresh-baked cookies and more. Located in the Village of the Baytowne Wharf.
- The Village Deli Café. Serving muffins, cookies, bagels homemade desserts, and Edy’s brand ice cream, plus gourmet potato chips, dips, and assorted condiments. Located in The Village of Baytowne Wharf
- Starbucks Coffee. Enjoy the world’s finest brewed coffee, hand-crafted espresso beverages, cool, creamy Frappuccino blends, Tazo tea, cookies, brownies, scones, and desserts. Located in The Village of BaytowneWharf and The Market Shops at Sandestin.
- Trader Tom’s Dogs & Suds. A walk-up snack bar featuring all-American favorites ranging from hotdogs to hot pretzels to ice-cold root beer and draft beer. Located lagoonside in The Village of Baytowne Wharf.
To secure reservations at Sandestin, call 800/622-1084 or visit http://www.sandestin.com/pr.aspx.
Attn Editors: Color Photography available.
Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is a 2,400-acre destination resort located on Northwest Florida’s Gulf Coast, between Pensacola and Panama City. A member of Beaches of South Walton – a 26-mile stretch of world-famous sugar-white sands and diverse landscape in which 40 percent of the area is protected under state parks – Sandestin invites guests to enter its world of 30 charming village neighborhoods featuring 1,700 condominiums, villas, town homes and a wide variety of hotel accommodations. The resort boasts more than seven miles of beaches and pristine bayfront, four championship golf courses, 15 world-class tennis courts, 19 swimming pools, a 98-slip marina, certified children’s programs, a fitness center and spa, 65,000 square feet of meeting space and a pedestrian village featuring a host of boutique shops, casual and fine dining restaurants and nightlife venues. Sandestin is part of Intrawest Hospitality Management, a world leader in operating and managing destination resorts. For more information, visit www.sandestin.com/pr.aspx.
Intrawest ULC is a world leader in destination resorts and adventure travel. The company has interests in 10 resorts at North America's most popular mountain destinations, including Whistler Blackcomb, a host venue for the 2010 Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games. The Intrawest network also includes Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort in Florida and Club Intrawest—a private resort club with nine locations throughout North America. Intrawest develops real estate at its resorts and at other locations across North America and in Europe. Intrawest is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia. For more information, visit www.intrawest.com.